The company is presenting four innovative solutions focused on the main challenges the automotive industry is facing: Connected & Automated Vehicle, Integrated Safety and Green Vehicle.
Geneva, 4th March 2019
– Applus+ IDIADA will be presenting innovative solutions for the new challenges in sustainable mobility at The Geneva Motor Show 2019.Using the CRONUZ prototype
, a compact electric concept SUV as a platform, IDIADA will demonstrate innovative solutions in the fields of aerodynamics, electronics, safety, vehicle architecture and weight-efficiency.
- AUXETIC MATERIAL SOLUTION: For improved pedestrian protection and weight-efficiency. Bonnet with tailored response as an effective solution to minimize head injuries.
- MULTI-MATERIAL SOLUTIONS: For improved accessibility and comfort for autonomous driving by developing a hybrid B-pillar in rear doors that expands crashworthiness solutions.
- MULTI-PURPOSE ON-BOARD UNIT: Development tool for connected and autonomous prototyping and development activities that combines connectivity technologies with AI in one unit.
- AERODYNAMIC SOLUTIONS: To reduce consumption. Aerodynamics is increasingly crucial in the improvement of electric vehicles’ range. The CRONUZ includes active and passive aerodynamic enablers that focus on key areas such as the wheelhouses and underbody, which in combination with an optimized design provide a Cx value of 0.19.
Carles Grasas, CEO of Applus IDIADA declared “The Geneva Motor Show is one the best platforms to showcase IDIADA’s focus towards innovation by presenting our proposals for the new mobility challenges”.
Josep Mª Farran, COO of Applus IDIADA added “These projects are another example of IDIADA’s comprehensive engineering capabilities and unique approach that sets vehicle functionality at the centre of the development process.”:
About the CRONUZ Project
The CRONUZ project
was developed from a blank page to fulfil best-in-class aerodynamic values thanks to the seamless cooperation between aerodynamicists and designers. That cooperation allowed the upperbody to be optimized while keeping the design concepts. The CRONUZ is the result of a research project that shows that compact electric SUV’s can break the barrier of Cx values below 0.2, while maintaining a streamlined and appealing design. Read more
About Applus+ IDIADA
With over 25 years of history, Applus IDIADA
is a leading engineering company providing design, testing, engineering and homologation services to the automotive industry worldwide. Applus+ IDIADA has more than 2,450 engineers specialized in vehicle development drawn from over 28 countries. The headquarters, composed of a 360-hectare main technical centre which includes its own proving ground and a comprehensive set of laboratories, is located near Barcelona, Spain. The company also has an international network of subsidiaries and branch offices in 24 countries, ensuring its clients receive fast and customized services.