In the framework for the cooperation between Korea and Spain, the MONOEYE project aims to develop, to demonstrate and to test a set of innovative, proactive, active safety systems for the protection of Vulnerable Road Users based on the signals and data collected from a mono-camera developed and installed on a demo vehicle.
Applus IDIADA, KATECH and PLK technologies have been working together from 1/12/2014 until 1/12/2017 for the following project achievements:
- Better understanding of relevant VRU conflict situations and test scenarios.
- Development of sensor prototype based on mono-camera technologies.
- Improved perception algorithms and situational analysis.
- Research on AEB function improvement.
- Testing in controlled scenarios and definition of new testing procedures.
The main participation of IDIADA in this project has been in the specification of the system, testing during development and validation of an AEB system prototype.
The research leading to the results of this work has received funding from the Centre for the Development of Industrial Technology (CDTI) under the project reference IDI-20150265 within the bilateral programme Korea & Spain Innovating (KSI).
IDIADA thanks CDTI for supporting the project and the project partners for their contribution to the discussions and collaboration work along the project lifetime.